Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Year Has Passed


In the past year,


I've learned much about myself,


And yet little at the same time.


I've learned I prefer my friends close,


The ones I love closer,


And the ones who lives I've hurt close as well.


I've learned that we learn from past mistakes,


That life throws you a curveball when you think it's going to pitch a fastball,


To live like it's your last day because you never know when it will be,


That love heals almost every wound,


And that when it looks like all hope is lost there is always a light somewhere to guide you.


What I have yet to learn:


Is how to keep my heart and mind out of past mistakes,


Not to take everything so seriously,


How to walk away from something and just let it be.


Maybe I'll never quite learn those arts...


And maybe someday I'll look back and say,


"I did it, I didn't think I could, took some time but I did it."








1 comment: