Sunday, November 29, 2009

Odd times... and good/bad memories

Well,
sitting there the other night,
brought back memories of the time,
when we weren't talking,
for god only knowns what reason.
And seeing that smile I use to know all too well,
made me want to cry,
but yet I couldn't help but smile,
because it's been awhile since I've seen you smile that way.
Hurts to know,
but hurts less now.
Nice to talk,
first time in such awhile.
Memories I love,
but yet hate,
all at the same time.
Would be nice to talk the way we use too,
about everything and anything that was on our minds,
and not have to worry about hurting each other with the words we say.
But I know that will take some more time,
can't expect things to heal overnight.
But sometimes things take too long,
and lately I don't really know who you are anymore.
We've changed so much in the past year and a half,
but hopefully,
you can learn to trust me again,
and I can learn to let you back in.
And some traditions I won't break,
like just randomly showing up with food,
having you down for peanut butter pie on my birthday,
showing up to watch you play,
and hopefully someone can teach me how to skate...
If I brought back any bad memories I'm sorry,
I never meant to hurt you,
and I know you never truely never meant to hurt me either.
But in the end it was nice to have seen you the other night,
the you who I knew.

1 comment: