Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cashew Cutie


Earlier this year, we saved a little (baby) rat from being eatten by snakes. Little CC (as we started to call her for short) became part of our family, even my dad was starting to get use to her. Friday night, my mom and I gave her a bath, cleaned her cage and left her to go to a basketball game. Today while having supper, my mother called my male rat's name Ollie, and he popped his head up, but when we called her name she didn't move. So my dad whent to check on her, and tapped the side of her cage, she didn't move. Mom and I jumped up and whent to check on her... we found her dead, and even though she was only a rat, she felt like part of the family. RIP little one I'm gonna miss you.

5 comments:

  1. Aww...sorry to hear about CC, she was cute for a rat! Think of it this way, although short, you gave her a wonderful spoiled life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks DW, she was spoiled wasn't she? well she didnt seem to mind being spoiled... neither does Ollie or the dog... part of the family, you can't help but spoil them

    ReplyDelete
  3. We shall miss her luv. And as dad says, she was given a longer chance than she would have had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah what a touching post you have done for little CC, Black Rose,.. sweet little thing.. I know what you mean... I never knew till we had these little guys as pets that we could ever fall in love with a rat!!!
    but we all did.... 3 times

    Hope Ollie isn't too lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Gwen, today we burried her in the backyard, Thanks for introducing me too such loveable pets. And I now know how you felt when you lost the three of them.

    ReplyDelete